March 8, 2009

Kendra's Blessingway


Ngan putting flowers in Kendra's braids


Kari braiding Kendra's hair


Maryline putting the final flowers in her hair


Braids and flowers from her friends


Maryline starts the belly drawing


Foot massage and writing on the prayer flag


Ngan and Kari add their artistic touches


Claire draws her contribution


Kendra and Kari


The artist at work


Ngan and Kari drawing on Kendra's belly


Getting creative


Kendra and Claire


Ngan writing on the prayer flag Kendra will take with her to the delivery room. It has encouraging prayers and poems from her friends and family.


Ngan, Kendra, Maryline, Kari, Yannick (Kendra's doula) and Claire

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kendra-you look amazing! I love the belly painting and the beautiful fresh flowers in your hair. I'm so happy that you met wonderful people who are there to support you and Mark.

Unknown said...

What a wonderful moment shared with you Kendra! I really loved meeting your friends.
Kari thank you for this blog! What a nice and original present!
I'm now going to visit all your blogs! (Il y a de quoi lire! Whaou!)

Ngân Đàm said...

Kendra, you and Mark (and baby Gabanzo) look wonderful! I have the beautiful candle you gave us on our table...anticipating the magical moment...

Kari, you are one talented woman. Thanks for putting the blog together.

Ngan

jeanbean said...

Kendra,
It looks like you are well on your way to having your little one.
I really enjoyed looking at the pictures your friend posted. You look so lovely with the braided hair and flowers.
Wish you all the best!

Jean

Sharanya said...

All the very best, Kendra! The pictures are beautiful!

Anonymous said...

I'd love to have a blessingway too!

How did you do the drawings? just trying to recreate a pattern?(where can I find such patterns?)

What sort of powder did you use? I am very worried about hennah as I know it can harm, so please let me know which product you used.

Thanks

Céline
CelineSAUVET@aol.com

MH Tofan said...

Nice Post, Thanks for your very useful information